Annual General Meeting
Interested persons are advised that the Annual General Meeting of Advocacy for Disability Access and Inclusion Inc. will be held on
Thursday 2 December 2021 at 5.30pm
47 Tynte street, North Adelaide SA 5006
Note: Registration of Current Members commences at 5.00pm
Disability Advocacy Information and ADAI Referral Services
If you or someone you care for lives with disability and needs help with an issue regarding a service provider, school, NDIS, SACAT or otherwise, drop in to have a chat with our advocate. We can help you on the spot with information and if more support is needed, we can take an ADAI referral to access our services.
Location: Playford Civic Centre Library – 10 Playford Boulevard, Elizabeth
Date: 1st Tuesday of the month
Time: 11:30am – 1:30pm
Location: Noarlunga Library – Hannah Rd at Noarlunga Centre
Date: 4th Thursday of the month
Time: 2pm – 4pm
Location: Diamond House Community Wellness Hub – 2 Cleave St, Port Adelaide
Date: 3rd Wednesday of the month
Time: 11:30am – 1:30pm
For more information or booking an appointment please call 8340 4450.
ADAI response to Anne Marie Smith Safeguard Taskforce Report
Access and Inclusion (ADAI) acknowledges the work of the Taskforce into the death of Anne Marie Smith and the State Government agreement to the recommendations to address "safeguarding gaps". The importance of individual advocacy to support South Australians living with disability, their families and carers is recognised specifically in recommendation 7.
ADAI supports the allocation of funding toward individual advocacy and its capacity to strengthen the rights of people living with disability in accordance with the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disability. It is critical this funding is allocated independent of and external to the Government to ensure people living with disability have access to advocacy independent of Government systems and services including the National Disability Insurance Agency and affiliations such as the Information Linkages & Capacity Building program (ILC), other systems and providers of services.
Independent advocacy enables transparency and the person living with disability to have a voice in their life and to receive support from Advocacy organisations who are independent of a conflict of interest or policy constraints.
We ask and encourage the Premier, Steven Marshall and Minister Lensink to fund this recommendation through South Australian independent disability advocacy organisations to ensure transparency and truly independent advocacy, for people living with disability.
As COVID-19 arrangements are evolving continuously we continue to review and respond to the circumstances to ensure the wellbeing and safety of our clients, our staff and the communities we support.
We are continuing to monitor the situation so that we can provide the highest quality services, while keeping everyone safe.
Advocacy for Disability Access and Inclusion (ADAI) has recommenced face to face services by appointment from the 13th July 2020.
In order to do this, we are kindly asking all clients and visitors attending to please:
- Only arrive at the time of the meeting/activity to enable control of numbers in and out of the building.
- Check in at the reception desk upon arrival – this applies to everyone coming into the centre. You will be asked for your name, address, email address and contact telephone number in accordance with tracing requirements.
- Bring a drink with you if required as unfortunately refreshments and kitchen facilities are unavailable at this time.
ADAI is taking extra measures to protect our community, volunteers and staff, including the following conditions:
- Please do not attend the Office or Seminar Centre if you or someone with you are unwell or are developing symptoms including fever and flu-like symptoms.
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from others.
- Please wash your hands and use sanitiser provided upon entering and exiting the premises.
- Please maintain appropriate personal hygiene practices (especially covering coughs and sneezes).
- Please also feel free to bring a drink or something to eat with you as refreshments are unavailable at this time.